Frequently asked questions

What do I need to start my lessons?

You need a provisional driving license before you can start driving lessons. If you need to apply for one, application forms (form D1) are available from post offices or you can apply for one online. It requires various forms of ID. More information can be found on the DSA website.

What car do you have?

I have a Toyota Yaris.

How many lessons do I need?

The number of lessons for a 17 year old beginner to reach test standard is usually between 25 and 35 but is different for everyone. You can save money by buying ten lessons at once, see our fees page.

How do I book my test?

The easiest way is via the DSA website, where you can book your theory or practical test. You can also book by telephone on 0300 2001122. Their fee is cheaper if you book during week days.

What is pass plus?

Pass Plus is a training scheme for new drivers. It is a scheme which needs to be taken within 12 months of passing the driving test and is aimed at increasing the confidence of new drivers. It comprises of 6 modules which includes driving at night and driving on motorways. Participating in the scheme can help to get cheaper car insurance with some insurers. For more info, visit the Pass Plus website.